Optional Indemnity For Courier Service
www.e-go.com.au offers optional indemnity to cover your goods whilst in transit.
To take out the indemnity you require, simply check the indemnity box when prompted towards the end of the booking process.
Please note, if you choose not to take up the indemnity option we have no liability for loss or damage to your goods.
Some items are not covered by this optional indemnity. Please refer to our Loss or Damage Indemnity - Terms and Conditions to obtain a list of excluded items, including:
(b) household and personal effects;
(c) white goods;
(d) items containing glass;
(e) wrought or unwrought metals;
(g) works of art (including painting and sculpture);
(h) jewellery, gems and other precious stones;
(i) ceramics, pottery and items containing stone, granite or corian;
(k) drugs (legal or illegal);
(l) cigarettes, tobacco and tobacco products;
(m) living animals or plants;
(n) refrigerated or perishable goods and all foodstuffs;
(o) Australian legal tender or other currencies;
(p) negotiable instruments, share scrip, bonds, debentures, mortgages and other types of securities;
(q) any other documents valuable intrinsically or extrinsically;
In addition, it is essential that all goods are adequately packed. Please note that where in our opinion the packaging of your goods is not considered appropriate for transportation, indemnity cover will be voided.
* A claim will not be eligible for any consignment that is deemed in our reasonable opinion to have been inadequately packed or prepared for transport:
- This includes unpalletised large or bulky items over 25kg dead weight or exceeding 1.2 metres in length, width or breadth including car parts, flat packs, lengths, industrial goods, bulky household or electrical goods or personal items. Products such as these must be palletised or crated. The size of the pallet must ensure there is a minimum adequate buffer of at least 2cm all the way around the item to ensure it is protected through normal handling and can be moved with a forklift. Bulky items must be adequately strapped down and shrink wrapped. Very large items must be crated for adequate protection.
- This includes items which are cartonised yet are deemed in our reasonable opinion to have inadequate insulation or void fill inside to be able to protect the contents as well as cartons which are cannot be stacked or the packaging is too flimsy to be stackable. Cartons and carton packaging must be strong enough to be stacked with other cartons. We recommend the use of "Top Load Only" stickers in the event that a carton cannot be stacked with other cartons. "Top Load Only" Red Alert forms can be accessed from the link on the Members' home page Want even better service?".
*The limited Indemnity cover will automatically be voided and a claim for loss or damage to any consignment will not be eligible in the event that:
- shipping costs for the consignment have not been paid for in full or;
- where the consignment is deemed by E-go to have been seriously underdeclared by the consignor as to the item dead weight in kilograms or;
- where the consignment is deemed by E-go to have been seriously underdeclared by the consignor as to one or more of the item dimensions in centimetres.
Please also note:
* A 7 day time limitation applies within which a claim can be made even if acknowledged as damaged on the proof of delivery copy of the consignment note.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further assistance.
Click on GO to download a copy of our Loss or Damage Indemnity - Terms and Conditions and ensure you read it carefully.
Click here to view Product Disclosure Statement from our underwriters QBE Insurance.
Click here to view our Financial Services Guide.
|Courier Services Australia|
|Courier | Freight | Interstate Courier | Cheap Courier | Courier Services | Freight Services|